1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Quadrant root question

Last Updated:

1. Nsane1

Nsane1 Well-Known Member

Ok, so since I now have Froyo I am tossing the idea of whether there is any reason to root anymore. So I'm curious because speed would be one reason I would still consider rooting. I'm wondering what people that are overclocked and running other roms are getting on their quadrant scores to see if it would be worth it.

Advertisement
  2. Weazol

Weazol Well-Known Member

there are many reasons to root besides speed.. even with froyo..
    but to answer your question I am getting high 1500s on quadrant and low 40s on linepack
  3. Nsane1

Nsane1 Well-Known Member

See I'm getting 1200 now with stock Froyo and not turning anything off or using ATK. I guess I just don't know some of the benefits of rooting that I would actually use.
  4. Weazol

Weazol Well-Known Member

there is a big difference between 1200 and 1500.. i got 1200 without froyo.

I have never used attack. and the 1500s I get are with lookout, tasker and ebuddy running.

Reasons to root:
    1. Remove bloatware (all those crap apps you dont use that you can't delete)
    2. THEMES (everything is custimizable, even splash and bootscreen)
    3. Nandroid backups. (Its always good to be able to back up your phone 100%. maybe you try something new for a couple weeks and want to go back to how it was. Simple)
    4. Tethering (wired and wifi) (free)
    5. Lots of new apps to play with.