Quadrant score >2000 but still feels laggySupport

1. jollygoon

jollygoon Well-Known Member

hi guys newbie in need of info / help here. :)
    I just bought my galaxy s a couple of days ago, i rooted it straight away and applied the one click lagfix from one of the threads here. As said in the title I got a quadrant score of above 2100 but at times it still feels rather laggy. For example if I open the contacts or messaging apps the screen stays black for a 3-4 seconds before it opens for real. Another one is sometimes after exiting an app it takes about 3-4 seconds for the phone to register a swipe to another homescreen.

I haven't flashed in a new firmware, still using the original DXJF4 (SE Asia) and running launcherpro. However even using TW it's all the same.

Is this normal?

thanks in advance guys.

Advertisement
  2. EarlZ

EarlZ Well-Known Member

Hmmm.. When I got my SGS, it came with a stock JF2 firmware i think.. never had any lag issues.. was using it for 3 days. applied the 1 click no lag.. didnt really see any difference at all but the quadrant went from 800 to 2100.. right now im using DXJF4 also.
  3. stockfeed

stockfeed Member

yep, that happened to me, was on jm2. it got so bad that i reflashed to stock jm2 and the lag isnt nearly as bad. it was fine for a week or so, then just started getting worse and worse. dont know what it was, but for me, 1/2 to 1 second of consistent lag is better than sporatic 3-5 second lag just popping up whenever it wants to.
  4. psychedelic'd

psychedelic'd Member

Use AutoKiller.
  5. jollygoon

jollygoon Well-Known Member

I was thinking of using autokiller but I've been reading up on the forums and the consensus is that they're more of a drain than a boost.

I think the feeling of lagging was brought about more by my impatience with the device as I'm new to the platform. But now it feels pretty zippy (maybe I'm just getting used to it). Sometimes it does lag a bit, but I don't have any friends currently using android phones so I don't really have a benchmark for comparison.
  6. psychedelic'd

psychedelic'd Member

AutoKiller isn't a task killer in the traditional sense. It simply modifies Android's default memory settings.

Read this to get a better understanding.