Quadrant Score for DJ05, JT's Superclean, Stupidfast Kernel

Last Updated:

1. dragonzsoul

dragonzsoul Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My quadrant score is an 872 with the conservative governor on. This is about the same as a stock SGS?? and slower than a DX, Evo, DX 2.2 and a N1 2.2

I was on the so called 1.6GHz kernel before, which wasn't truly 1.6.. Were the quadrant scores on the 1.6 real?

Advertisement
  2. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member

dragon, quadrant doesnt really mean a whole lot tbh...i dont even keep it on my phone anymore.

huge quad scores only really come on this phone with voodoo installed, but that in and of itself isnt a reason to install it.

the 1.6 kernel scores were faked by slowing down the system and benchmarks were off as a result.

you should notice less or no lag than stock kernel however

3. dragonzsoul

ah ok, i'll keep that in mind lol :)

how does voodoo5 compare to my current setup? i haven't read the epic novel of a thread it has become.

as for lag, i haven't noticed anything compared to the "1.6" setup. it's running well so far :)

4. nitsuj17

voodoo5 is more stable and less problematic than old voodoo2, but id run your current setup for a day or two and see how you like it...you may not find the need to go the voodoo route :)

5. dragonzsoul

i didn't notice any noticeable improvement when i had voodoo compared to now.. i know it changes how the system reads files, but is there any other difference?

6. nitsuj17

thats really the main difference is that rfs does awful with write speeds and ext4 improves that (or should) greatly

however older voodoo wouldnt be better than newer rfs kernels....voodoo5 *should* be for most

7. zaphodbebleebrox

zaphodbebleebrox Well-Known Member

8. nitsuj17

here is going to be my standard comment to all quadrant scores posts going forward:

great, and quadrant means..........................................................absolutely nothing

9. zaphodbebleebrox

zaphodbebleebrox Well-Known Member

once again, its just for play nitsu, noone is running around saying how superior or fast anything is, were just testing various kernels cause we are bored. nothing serious so stop getting your panties all waded up. its just for fun. :cool:

10. nitsuj17

i understand *why* you think its neccessary to continually post these scores...my issue is that it continues to perpetuate the myth that quadrant means something on this phone, which it clearly doesnt.

for those just rooting and dropping by for the first time, seeing score after score leads them to think its all that matters, when in fact it doesnt

if you want to test a kernel, go about your daily activities with it in web browsing, email, games, texts, etc and determine how responsive it is then.