• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Quadrant score?

I reset my phone last night, rooted it, froze some stock apps and got this for a Quadrant score:

snap20100809_110958.png

Upvote 0
I've heard that the Dinc is actually a little slower because its CPU is slightly underclocked, due to some heating issues. As a result, the DX ends up coming out on top.

Anyone else read/heard the same?
I highly doubt this. It's more along the lines that Snapdragon is just slower than OMAP overall. 1ghz Snapdragon vs. 1ghz OMAP, OMAP will always win.

Think of it like how a Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66ghz would always be bested by an Intel Core i5 2.66ghz. They're both 2.66ghz processors, sure, but different architecture.

Upvote 0
droid-2-benchmark.jpg

Here's the Droid 2. Very impressive with 2.2 as it scores about 200 more compared to 2.1. 2.2 is coming in about a month, so this will probably be the longest month ever for us DX users.

I think a lot of folks were expecting a bump of a bit more than 200 points. I know I certainly was after seeing the HUGE jump on devices like the Nexus One and original Droid.

Upvote 0
I think a lot of folks were expecting a bump of a bit more than 200 points. I know I certainly was after seeing the HUGE jump on devices like the Nexus One and original Droid.

This is true. Makes u wonder does the X and 2 have some bits of JIT, 2.2 already.

Then seeing the lag fix/hack for the Samsung phones boost scores high...As long as Froyo smooths things out, its all good.

I dont know about anyone else, but what made me keep the X wasnt Quadrant scores. It was better reception.

Upvote 0
When I was running ATK my quadrant score was around 300-400 with about 8-15fps. After I uninstalled it, it jumped to upper 1200's...Did anybody else encounter this?

1276 with ATK. You must be using ATK incorrectly. Don't let it auto kill, disable that function. Only use ATK to kill buggy apps. If you cannot find the cause of the lag, kill every app except those controlling your widgets and other things you don't want to be killed (check off on the ignore list).

Upvote 0
1276 with ATK. You must be using ATK incorrectly. Don't let it auto kill, disable that function. Only use ATK to kill buggy apps. If you cannot find the cause of the lag, kill every app except those controlling your widgets and other things you don't want to be killed (check off on the ignore list).

Thanks for the suggestion. I did have it on autokill when I ran Quadrant but for now I froze it with Titanium. I'll see how the battery manages with the stock task manager+extended battery. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones