Quadrant scores much lower after factory resetSupport

Last Updated:

1. PeeLoWanKenobi

PeeLoWanKenobi Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok this is getting really frustrating and i'm concerned. I took the advice about doing a clean install after the froyo update in order for it to run better. But after doing a factory reset (with resetting internal storage as well!), i'm getting much lower scores.

Before I did the factory reset I got as high as 1276. Now i'm getting scores no higher than the 1100s. What gives?!?!:mad:

Advertisement
  2. zemerick

zemerick Well-Known Member

benchmarks are extremely artificial, variable, and inaccurate. Try running 3 or 4 right in a row and you should see how inaccurate it is ( I've seen around a 10% variance. )

3. PeeLoWanKenobi

I am aware of them being inaccurate. Still, I cannot dismiss the fact that I was averaging scores of 1250 (I ran it 4 times in a row) plus pre-factory reset, then have it go down to the low 1100s (during which I ran it 4 times as well) post-factory reset.

4. zemerick

zemerick Well-Known Member

<shrug> Normal range for 2.2 with wipe is 1100-1400, which you are inside of. You can restart your phone and try again. I just ran it and got 1175, other times I've gotten 1340.

Make sure you don't have anything else actually running, no live wallpaper, etc.

EDIT:
    lol..and my phone just helped prove my point. Ran it again after having closed quadrant, not changes whatsoever...1304. That is a 129 point difference, or just shy of 11%

PeeLoWanKenobi likes this.
  5. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

try it again... if the phone was just booted up it can be slower

6. PeeLoWanKenobi

I appreciate the feedback. I actually did try it immediately after installing the quadrant app fresh from the reset to make sure there were no apps running.

I'm going to accept that I can't do anything about it so i'm not gonna stress of it too much. After all, it still runs snappy and smooth regardless.

I'm just disappointed with the results after reading many times over throughout these boards that doing a factory reset would make it run smoother. In other words, I feel like I did it all for nothing. I backed up all my apps so I didn't lose anything. But now I'm just frustrated with all the time i've wasted. Now I have to go back to customizing it to my preference.

In any case, thanks again!