• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Quadrant Scores?

I just ran quadrant standard and got 942

I think the reason the droid x and N1 get higher scores is because the way the phone memory is set up. There is a small speed fix for rooted captivates that pulls app information from nand memory which greatly improves speed, because nand has a faster transfer speed. I believe some other phones have something like that stock.

I also think that when we get 2.2 and we are able to put apps on sd cards, having a class 4 or class 6 card will get this phone in the 1500+ range. Ive done a lot of reading around about this, and also Ive seen captivates score over 1000 with some minor adjustments.

Correct me if Im wrong though, Im not a guru or anything.

Upvote 0
I just ran quadrant standard and got 942

I think the reason the droid x and N1 get higher scores is because the way the phone memory is set up. There is a small speed fix for rooted captivates that pulls app information from nand memory which greatly improves speed, because nand has a faster transfer speed. I believe some other phones have something like that stock.

I also think that when we get 2.2 and we are able to put apps on sd cards, having a class 4 or class 6 card will get this phone in the 1500+ range. Ive done a lot of reading around about this, and also Ive seen captivates score over 1000 with some minor adjustments.

Correct me if Im wrong though, Im not a guru or anything.

N1 gets higher scores b/c of Froyo 2.2. Droid X score is deceptive. The Droid X processor is actually slower, but on quadrant gets a deceptive higher score because of I/O performance. This was all explained at androidandme.com when they did a full benchmark of all the phones. They said galaxy s is the fastest processor and GPU, despite the Droid X having a higher fake enflated i/o score.

The developer of Quadrant also confirmed that the Droid X score is not reflective of the true processing power, because of this i/o reason, and that Galaxy s is the fastest processor on android right now.

Not trying to put droidx down, just want to keep the facts straight.

Also you can only see this droidx i/o score inflation when you purchase the professional version of quadrant.

Upvote 0
They're definitely both awesome phones! Neither is slow, one has a bit faster processor, the other has a better GPU. I was having a hard time deciding between the two, but ultimately my lack of patience made the choice for me lol, the X is here now and I would have to wait for Verizons version of the Galaxy S. I still have to keep up with the Captivate news though, my Lt. has the Captivate on ATT and I keep him up to date on it :)

Upvote 0
N1 gets higher scores b/c of Froyo 2.2. Droid X score is deceptive. The Droid X processor is actually slower, but on quadrant gets a deceptive higher score because of I/O performance. This was all explained at androidandme.com when they did a full benchmark of all the phones. They said galaxy s is the fastest processor and GPU, despite the Droid X having a higher fake enflated i/o score.

The developer of Quadrant also confirmed that the Droid X score is not reflective of the true processing power, because of this i/o reason, and that Galaxy s is the fastest processor on android right now.

Not trying to put droidx down, just want to keep the facts straight.

Also you can only see this droidx i/o score inflation when you purchase the professional version of quadrant.
Can you link that article? I'd like to know more about that. I still have 15 days to return the X lol. Verizon better not wait too long to release the fascinate, or it'll quickly get pushed aside by the rumored 2ghz Nov./Dec. phones.

Upvote 0
They're definitely both awesome phones! Neither is slow, one has a bit faster processor, the other has a better GPU. I was having a hard time deciding between the two, but ultimately my lack of patience made the choice for me lol, the X is here now and I would have to wait for Verizons version of the Galaxy S. I still have to keep up with the Captivate news though, my Lt. has the Captivate on ATT and I keep him up to date on it :)

There is a mistake in what you said, you said 1 phone has a faster processor, the other has a faster GPU. That statement is not correct.
Galaxy S has the fastest processor and GPU. Again, androidandme.com and the Developer of quadrant have both confirmed that the droidx quadrant score is not reflective of the droidx processing, the number is inflated because of i/o. Androidandme.com and the developer have confirmed that Galaxy S has the fastest processor.

Please watch this entire video in detail for an explanation. He explains the reason for the misleading inflated droidX score. GALAXY S GETS A HIGHER CPU SCORE, THE DROIDX QUADRANT HAS A SLOWER CPU, BUT THE QUADRANT SCORE IS DECEPTIVE IN THAT IT IS INFLATED BECAUSE OF I/O.

AGAIN WATCH THIS VIDEO IN DETAIL.

YouTube - androidandme's Channel

Upvote 0
False, the Shadow is running 2.1 also. My new DX with 2.1 scores 1250's. The info on apps running in the background is false also, I can run Quadrant right after a re-boot, and then open 30 apps and still get similar scores.

By the way your Droidx 1250 score is not reflective of the processing power. Androidandme.com and the developer of quadrant confirmed that droidx is slower than galaxy s, but the only reason quadrant is giving a higher score is because of an i/o issue with the benchmarking inflating the score for droidx.

watch the video

Upvote 0
Yea samsungs are def the fastest things going right now. Not the biggest fan of the way it looks, but if they had this on verizon when I was purchasing it would have been a strong contender (of course I hear some bad things about the GPS or other software support from samsung). Both droid x and samsung's offerings are destroying the HTC EVO and Incredible.

Upvote 0
Wow, this is why things get outdated so fast. I just hope this phone continues to be amazing against new phones that come out.

trust me, there are no phones that will be 2 ghz in november. first of all, all the current chips have yet to be released in faster speeds. for example the snapdragon can run up to 1.5ghz, go to qualcomms website and read about it.

it makes no sense what so ever for any company to go straight from 1ghz to 2ghz. There is an antire cash cow milking process. They can milk us for 1.2ghz, then 1.5ghz, then finally milk us later at 2ghz. By jumping straight to 2ghz and skipping everything inbetween is a big money loss for them.

we have to go through all the steppings of the current chips before we hit 2ghz.

Upvote 0
GALAXY S PHONES ARE THE FASTEST PROCESSOR AND FASTEST GPU ON ANDROID PHONES. NOT DROIDX!

WATCH THIS VIDEO.
Jesus dude, are you like a Samsung fanboy or something lol. Were all Android users, it's like your head is going to implode if someone likes a phone more than the phone you bought. Regardless of what you think about 2ghz phones being released, there will most likely be phones releasing around the Xmas holidays that will smoke the phones that are currently being released, you might want to start seeking counseling now to help you deal with it.

Upvote 0
I got 1798 in quadrant using the mimocan speed fix on my captivate:
[HOWTO] Speed Fix! (variant of mimocan fix) - xda-developers

I reverted back to stock kernel because I didn't notice an improvement in anything other than a higher score in quadrant. High scores in synthetic tests like quadrant dont beat precedence over real world usability.

It is currently buggy, voice/mic is scratchy because a lot of the power is being diverted to the SDslot, can not get a GPS lock at all, waking up the phone takes 3-5 seconds

I am now back on the NAND speed fix and everything is A LOT smoother, even though my Quadrant scores are in the mid 900s.

Upvote 0
Jesus dude, are you like a Samsung fanboy or something lol. Were all Android users, it's like your head is going to implode if someone likes a phone more than the phone you bought. Regardless of what you think about 2ghz phones being released, there will most likely be phones releasing around the Xmas holidays that will smoke the phones that are currently being released, you might want to start seeking counseling now to help you deal with it.

Hey..sorry I just love my phone, it sleeps with me and even gets its own pillow. It just misbehaves sometimes when the GPS stops working.
BTW I almost got the droidx also, but it came down to Verizon vs T-Mobile. I love T-Mobile so I went for vibrant. Droidx is a beautiful phone.

Upvote 0
Hey..sorry I just love my phone, it sleeps with me and even gets its own pillow. It just misbehaves sometimes when the GPS stops working.
BTW I almost got the droidx also, but it came down to Verizon vs T-Mobile. I love T-Mobile so I went for vibrant. Droidx is a beautiful phone.
Nothing wrong with loving your phone :) , one of the best things about android is the fact that we have all these handsets to choose from. There is an Android phone for every niche/personality. I think in stock form they are very close, but if verizon had released them at the same time, I'd be typing this reply on a samsung fascinate instead of a droid X just because of the bootloader.

Upvote 0
Stock I was running mid 800's. With the Euro rom/stock kernal, and stage 1 lag fix, i was running mid 900's. I'm currently running the beta stage 2 lag fix and rocking anywhere from 1600 to 1800. HOWEVER, there are issues, wifi doesn't work at all. Phone is laggy accessing programs that access the /data folder. Laggy coming off lock. SOme people are having mic issues as well that are running it but I am not seeing that.

Upvote 0
Sigh...I had posted low to mid 800s, added some more apps, and now it is areound mid 700. I guess I'm going to have to figure out something to delete. Iti is sluggish. But I don't have near the number of apps I see other reporting to install.

I was in T-mobile, and playing around with the display model. It was a relatively clean phone, no extra aps on it. I downloaded quadrant and the phone got in the mid 700's.

I get in the 900s stock, nothing special, no roots, nothing. Did I just get a freak of a phone with some super fast processor? My gps doesn't work thus I may need to do an exchange if samsung doesn't release a fix soon, but now i'm scared to do any exchange, because my quadrant score is so freaking high compared to other people when running fresh out of the box default.

Upvote 0
I'm becoming convinced quadrant is not a good indicator of real world speed. When I was running the stock euro rom with samset and a couple other tweeks the phone was really much faster even though quadrant scores were 950's. However, with the mimocan fix I was getting scores up to 1812, but the phone wasn't much better than stock as far as lag.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones