quality of chinese copies ?

Last Updated:

1. xenu

xenu Member This Topic's Starter

I found an online Chinese marketplace selling unlocked Android based smartphones that have the exact same specs as an HTC Desire. The site looks similar to ebay, with many sellers competing against each other. Many have very positive reviews and seem to be reliable. I am not sure of this forum's link policy so I will not post the URL.

The made in China phones range anywhere from $150-$300 depending on features. The cheapest models don't include GPS and WIFI, and some use an "MTK" processor rather than a snapdragon. All boast a 3.7 AMOLED screen and identical body dimensions.

Has anyone bought such a phone? How does the quality/performance compare to an official HTC Desire? Would I still be able to run the same apps, namely copilot and igo?

Advertisement
  2. lcgreen

lcgreen Well-Known Member

It can run them as long as it runs a recent ver. of Android and has access to the market.

3. adesonic

adesonic New Member

I have read many bad stories about dodgy copies from China ranging from no goods arriving after payment through to getting a device that is nothing like what was advertised - you get what you pay for (or maybe not)

4. Phenomenological

Phenomenological Well-Known Member

Repeat after me: If it's cheap, it's crap. ;)