Queries on updating to IK5 from II3...Support

Last Updated:

1. abesh

abesh Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello Guys,
    Well I bought my Galaxy here in India yesterday, and you all and this forum has been a major source of info to make up my mind :) Thanks to you :)

Well I've bee browsing this forum trying to understand all that I need to know for the past two days before I could muster the courage to ask a couple of questions.

1) My Galaxy is on Firmware II3, is it worth upgrading to IK5 ?
    2) When I upgrade, does everything, contact, apps etc, get wiped of from the device or do they remain as they are ?
    3) Is there a way I can take a complete backup of my contacts, apps etc and restore them after a firmware update ?

My phone has not been rooted yet and I plan to use ODIN for updating the firmware.

Advertisement
  2. ryko

ryko Well-Known Member

Hi ,
    1; Yes
    2;Yes they get wiped
    3; Yes you can, contacts can be syncronized with a google account and there for saved, and for apps you could use an app called aTrackDog to save them with I believe there are some paid apps which will save all data on the phone as well,I am sure other members will be able to advise you on those. I would just like to say that I think you should get to use your phone a bit more,until you are comfortable with android as flashing your phone is relativly easy but not without a risk. You don't have to root to flash with odin so make sure you understand the instructions before flashing :) Hope this helps you

3. abesh

abesh Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks so much ryko, I did exactly what you told :) However I flashed to IK4 :) Phone feeling a lot snappier now :)

4. ryko

ryko Well-Known Member