Quest for the perfect music player!Tips

1. CrimsonToker

CrimsonToker Well-Known Member

I've tried dozens of music apps, and it seems almost every time, there will be a unique feature that I live, but then the app fails in other areas. I love the ui in player pro and the fade setting, but it fails otherwise. I love Fusion's gesture support to pause and skip, but the ui is terrible. Apollo had a good ui, but nothing unique and no ability to go back a song, even with random off. And Apollo random sucked too.

These are all my opinions, and I mean no offense to any devs associated with these apps. Has anyone found a music player they truly love? There must be some all around great music apps. I'm at the point where I want to learn to make apps and just combine all these awesome features that each app has lol

And of course, maybe I'm also a harsh critic ;)

Advertisement
  2. hilker09

hilker09 Well-Known Member

When I was still downloading music to my phone, I always used PowerAmp. Great UI, and it always seems to meet my needs. Haven't used since signing up for Google Play Music All Access, so I can't speak for it during the past year, but the ratings are still pretty high :
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.maxmpz.audioplayer
    funkylogik likes this.
  3. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  4. RazzMaTazz

RazzMaTazz Well-Known Member

I use (free) MediaMonkey for Android (MMA), because, when it's used in conjunction with (free) MediaMonkey for Windows (MMW), it allows me to sync my music and playlists between my PC & phone. To me that's FAR, FAR more important than the UI. But for me, MediaMonkey's UI is perfectly adequate. It can skip back to the last song, even when playing in shuffle mode.
    http://androidforums.com/threads/me...-sync-solution-like-itunes-but-better.852296/
  5. shauny13

shauny13 Well-Known Member

6. vosg

vosg Well-Known Member

I love poweramp. I can download themes, it supports the headphone button for play, pause, forward and back and it has a great equalizer. What I like most about it, is that it has a setting that prevents double entries while you are making playlists. It also allows folder playback.

I've tried many music players but I've never come across one that beats poweramp.
  7. kim112200

kim112200 Member

Hi Guys! Can anyone here recommend a good music player that can customized my playlist like cover art, lyrics etc and can amplify the songs as well? Thank you. :)
  8. vosg

vosg Well-Known Member

PowerAmp has automatic album art download but you can also use a local bitmap if you so choose. Its equalizer has a preamp slider that can boost the volume without causing distortion.
  9. FishenFool

FishenFool Well-Known Member

My Zune HD.
  10. CrimsonToker

CrimsonToker Well-Known Member

For a non rooted phone i like power amp. But since viper is a better equalizer it makes power amp less useful..
  11. PHP87

PHP87 Well-Known Member

PowerAmp kept throwing up a dialog saying that the app quit even when it wasn't running.

I'm using Equalizer+ right now instead of PowerAmp and like it better..