• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Quest for the tightest thinnest EVO Case

I purchased the Platinum from Best Buy and I really like it. It has a solid rubberized feel. It looks like the camera lens is barely sunken in from the case when I see it at an angle. I went to several stores and found this one fits the best.

Platinum Series - Case for HTC EVO 4G Mobile Phones - Gunmetal - HEC10SG

can you try holding the phone in landscape position (two handed) with a finger (or 2) on each corner and lightly flex the case to see if the case is a really tight fit or not? i have the purple platinum from BB and the fit is not great. there is plenty of movement in the corners when i try that test.

Upvote 0
NEON Green Hard Rubber Case HTC EVO 4G Accessory Sprint - eBay (item 150453716317 end time Jul-09-10 18:06:32 PDT)

Now THIS color is more like it :p

Yup. Exactly whtI just bought, with mirror face. I am curious how well the mirror part works.

Upvote 0
Different site for the neon green case. Has some different pictures of it. I'm going to hold off until some of yall get yours in to see if I'm going to pick that one up too, to go along with my argyle hard silicon case.

Sprint HTC EVO 4G Rubberized Snap-On Phone Case - Neon Green

I just got this case from eBay (superfast shipping) in black. It was not the case pictured on the seller's page, nor did it match the description, but it IS the black version of your neon green.

Pros - It is one piece, really thin, surrounds the phone perfectly, no gaps, no flex or movement when on, very thin so it doesn't recess the screen (like I have heard about Seidio) It does lift the camera off the surface when lying down due to the curvature of the phone, not because the case is thick enough around the lense. So the camera lense is a little exposed above the thickness of the case, but does not touch the surface when lying on it's back. Great surface feel.

Cons - not the case ordered, DOESNT surround the entire phone, screen or buttons - therefore doesn't seem to protect adequately the phone, and prevent dust from the lip of the screen. Camera is not completely recessed.

Verdict - worth the 4-9 bucks on ebay fo sure.

Upvote 0
can you try holding the phone in landscape position (two handed) with a finger (or 2) on each corner and lightly flex the case to see if the case is a really tight fit or not? i have the purple platinum from BB and the fit is not great. there is plenty of movement in the corners when i try that test.

I also bought the platinum case from BB and i get a lot of movement. At first it felt like if it fit pretty tight but after a week i felt the case fit looser and their was more movement.

Upvote 0
I just got this case from eBay (superfast shipping) in black. It was not the case pictured on the seller's page, nor did it match the description, but it IS the black version of your neon green.

Pros - It is one piece, really thin, surrounds the phone perfectly, no gaps, no flex or movement when on, very thin so it doesn't recess the screen (like I have heard about Seidio) It does lift the camera off the surface when lying down due to the curvature of the phone, not because the case is thick enough around the lense. So the camera lense is a little exposed above the thickness of the case, but does not touch the surface when lying on it's back. Great surface feel.

Cons - not the case ordered, DOESNT surround the entire phone, screen or buttons - therefore doesn't seem to protect adequately the phone, and prevent dust from the lip of the screen. Camera is not completely recessed.

any chance you can post some pics? also, if it doesn't flex and is one piece, how do you get it on the phone?

Upvote 0

****ing perfect man! exactly what i wanted to hear. your cons are pros for me. i want a case specifically to cover the back so i can set it down without worrying about scratching up the back. i also wanted a case that had no lip on the bottom so my finger doesn't catch when sliding to unlock. can't wait to get this case now! w00t

btw, which case was it that you thought you were ordering off of ebay? can you post a picture or something possibly? thanks.

Upvote 0

Would love to see some pictures.:)

Reactions: me2u69
Upvote 0
Out of curiosity, what is wrong with the official HTC Rubberized case that is available in the Sprint store? It is only $15, and it's a decent case (in my opinion).

Obviously, it is not a super protecting case like an Otter Box, but if you are just looking for a nice rubberized slip case, what is wrong with the official one?

Upvote 0
Out of curiosity, what is wrong with the official HTC Rubberized case that is available in the Sprint store? It is only $15, and it's a decent case (in my opinion).

Obviously, it is not a super protecting case like an Otter Box, but if you are just looking for a nice rubberized slip case, what is wrong with the official one?

I returned mine because the sides were too flimsy and it added more bulk to a phone that didn't need more mass. Plus the sides would get in the way when I would touch the screen. The finish of the case was nice though.

Upvote 0
Innocase is definitely going back. This fits like a glove. Super tight fit. Doesn't have the same coverage, but it just feels so much thinner. And the lens doesn't touch the surface the phone is laying on. The minimal added thickness in the back is enough to make the slight angle it's on be enough to clear what the phone is resting on.

I almost want to return the innocase holster too because it's definitely a baggy fit in the holster. Makes me wish they made an innocase for the HD2, because I bet the holster that goes with it would be a perfect fit for the Evo with this snap on case. Either way, probably the best sub $10 case I've bought for a phone outside of the Pre holster I bought that pretty much resembles a Seidio holster in fit and finish right down to the velvet coating to protect the screen.

Highly recommend if you want some protection but want to keep the minimalist look. I bought the black too, but this ebay seller is in PA and got it to me in 3 days. I actually really like the red contrasting the black.

Attachments

• EvoRed01.jpg
    EvoRed01.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 1,146
  • EvoRed02.jpg
    EvoRed02.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 1,118
  • EvoRed03.jpg
    EvoRed03.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 945
  • closeup.jpg
    closeup.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 935
  • closeup1.jpg
    closeup1.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 898
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones