Question about 15% student discount on bill

Last Updated:

1. rahuldang

rahuldang Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So i'm with t-mobile right now on a family plan with my parents - 3 lines. i plan on leaving the plan and paying a 100$ ETF. I recently found out that because i'm in college, i am eligible for the 15% discount rate per month and other incentives. My question is that, I personally wouldn't have to pay for it right? meaning, they being sprint, don't think its me that will be paying the monthly bill as my dad will be paying it. im planning on getting the 69.99 + 10$ plan btw. i called a sprint rep and she made an appointment to call me at 1 pm on friday to help me through the process but i forgot to ask her if she thought i myself would be paying for the plan rather than my dad. if anyone can help me, i would really appreciate it. oh and if you can provide any sort of info regarding the student discount on the monthly bill than i would appreciate it just as much! thanks! whoop whoop!! leaving boring ass t-mobile for the new kid on the block, the evo 4g!! sorry got a little excited there lol

Advertisement
  2. ryohei47

ryohei47 Well-Known Member

i would think that your name would have to be under the account for the discount to work, unless the discount is just a code you type in

3. ShoxV

ShoxV Well-Known Member

I asked sprint this over the phone and they said I'd have to put the account under my name to qualify for the discount

4. rahuldang

What would be the difference of putting my name on the account or my dad's? because at t-mobile right now, my line is under my mom's name but my dad is still paying for all of us. if i do put it under my name, my dad can still pay for it right? sorry if i sound like a noob, but im new to sprint and i don't know too much about this stuff and would really appreciate some insight. thank you for all your help and i hope u enjoy this beast of a phone that comes in what, less than 48 hours?! woohooo!!

5. somnambulus

somnambulus Well-Known Member

I asked about a student discount in RS and they said that there isn't one that is offered. Is this something you can add to your account through sprint after you've signed up?

6. rahuldang

um from what i know you have to do it online only, not anywhere else thru the student rate website and you can only do it starting friday i think. im not 100% sure of the details, though.

7. tjwoo

tjwoo Well-Known Member

No, you won't have to pay for the bill. Whoever the account is under will be responsible for the bill. You (student) do not have to be primary account line to qualify your entire account's bill for the 15% discount.

Here is a sample of my bill from last month, so you can see what you expect your bill to look like. It took 1 bill cycle for me to take effect.

As others have said, this is available through online deal only. Basically sprint recognizes this discount as a company discount and applied.

Sign up through http://www.studentrate.com/STUDENTRATE/bu/get-bu-student-deals/Sprint-HTC-EVO-StudentRate-Member-Discount--/0
    and follow directions. If you want to take advantage of the EVO discounts, you have to wait til friday and order via that website, but if you're getting a EVO via pre-order at bb or rs, you can still get the 15% discount at any time.

Attached Files:

somnambulus likes this.
  8. mrpatience

mrpatience Banned

Thanks for the clarification on this. I have used the discount on Studentrate and those guys also are giving a $25.00 rebate and a free protector till the end of June.