Question about Android SoftwareSupport

1. dmo737

dmo737 New Member

Hi Folks,

Question for ya'll, I just got my Galaxy S4 I-9500, factory unlocked, however I notice that Samsung has pretty much stuck their apps all over the place and I find the phone quite messy, for lack of a better word. I do not really care about all the Samsung apps so what I am wanting to know is does Google produce a factory version of their OS that I can pop on my phone instead of the Samsungized OS? I am a total noob when it comes to this and I thought that googling it would be simple but I was wrong, so I thought I would come see you friendly folk for some help!

Thanks in advance!

Dave

Advertisement
    :
  2. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Well-Known Member

If you take a look in the rooting section of the S4 forum, you'll probably find all the answers you require. I'm sure there are vanilla versions of Android - don't Moto make a version of the phone with stock Android?
    dmo737 likes this.
  3. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

Welcome to the forums :)

What your pretty much asking requires root if you want to diminish the Samsung apps altogether.

Once root is obtained, you could either uninstall the bloat, or flash a custom Rom that doesn't have the bloat already added in.

I'll move this into the general s4 forum for now

Or would you prefer me place this is the root section for you if your interested in rooting?
    dmo737 likes this.
  4. dmo737

dmo737 New Member

Thanks for your responses folks! =D

I've read into it a bit and I think I understand the rooting idea of it, however that seems a little bit too much for what I want to do. SiempreTuna kinda hit the spot when they said I was looking for a vanilla OS however, unless I have completely missed it, it seems like I can either go for a customized OS or Samsung's version of the OS for the Galaxy S4. And here I thought this would be easy and I could just find something direct from Google! <Laughs>

DragonSlayer95, you can leave this in the general forum, thank you as well for your response!

Cheers,

Dave
    DragonSlayer95 likes this.
  5. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

You can disable all the Samsung apps so they disappear from your app drawer and won't run in the background.
  6. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

What you want is a gs4 google edition ROM, which is essentially stock android for the gs4. But to do anything like that you do have to root and unlock the bootloader