Question about Apps and stuff

Last Updated:

1. Terrigno

Terrigno Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Do the apps get stored on the internal SD card on the phone? Or on the section where it says Internal phone storage?

Advertisement
  2. jeremytanner

jeremytanner Well-Known Member

Internal phone storage. If you use the app "File Manager" you can easily access it. I've heard a number of other file managers work well for this, too.

3. danbee46

danbee46 Member

I have heard that when Froyo is released it will allow apps to be transferred from the phone to the SD card.

4. Terrigno

Well. I have a 32GB SD I just added to the phone. The internal SD Card says 7.42GB Availible and Total Space of 13.43GB. So I was wondering what takes up all that extra space with the internal SD card if the apps all get stored to the Internal Phones Storage. That part says Availible Space 1.61GB?

5. jeremytanner

Probably the easiest way to answer that would be to mount the file system on your computer, and check the contents of all those folders (even just right-click, properties, and look at the folder size.)

For me, I'm using about 5 GB. 0.5 in Music, 4.1 in Videos, and a little here and there in other stuff. My DCIM (camera photos) takes up roughly 0.2 GB, but I keep it trim.

6. Terrigno

Thanks for the advice. I see what is taking up the Internal SD. The Android File has like 5.2GB when mounted. Thats all the stuff on the android system. Leaves about 7+GB on the internal SD alone. But the Phone Storage, I wonder what the total size of that is? And what actually saves to that?

7. jeremytanner

Good question. My Android directory uses less than 50 MB.

As far as I understand, the internal phone memory should be around 2 GB. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I don't know for sure if that's just space available for apps, or total space. I believe it is basically all the root file system stuff.

8. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Are u guys saving contact information on the phone or sc card?