question about apps closing in froyo

Last Updated:

1. iamloco724

iamloco724 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i dont know if i have a problem or this is just new or even if theres setting ai could change

when i end certain apps in advanced task killer then i go back to them they are where i last off like in browser it would be at the last site i went to even though i ended the browser

i dont actually like that it does this same thing in other apps such as my twitter and facebook apps i end them but when i open again there where i left off

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Why are you closing apps in the first place? I have 150+ apps installed and I don't close apps....

But, to answer your question, I think what is probably happening is that the DROID's apps are saving their last user state, so that is what it does this. As to how to disable this...not really sure. Yet.

3. iamloco724

iamloco724 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just edo it manually to try to conserve battery just a prefrrence but I'm disliking how froyo I saving thhe last state of the app

4. riffdex

riffdex Well-Known Member

I assume the Android OS is saving these states on non-volatile memory on the phone so it can free RAM space, while still having these states readily available if needed. Many times I use TextEdit to write a note for myself, but forget to ever save it to the memory stick (just press Home to exit out and leave the note typed up), and later when I reboot my phone, and open TextEdit, the note is still there, and still unsaved.