• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question about At&t phone on ST

bg1287

Jun 6, 2014
Royal Oak, MI
Had a few questions about using an At&t phone on Straight Talk...

My phone isn't unlocked. I have an At&t GoPhone, which I really like, and the service is great, but I really honestly don't get much for my money. 60 dollars a month for 2.5GB of data and when I go past that, it's shut off, and I gotta add another 10 dollars for 1GB of data. And this usually always happens about 5 days or so before my plan renews. Really annoying.

If I tried unlocking my phone to Straight Talk, using one of their At&t Sim Cards, would I get the same coverage and speeds as I do with At&t?

That would be great if that was the case. I'd much rather pay 45 dollars a month for 3GB of data, and then just get throttled around the end of my cycle, rather than it being shut off. I could live a few days with slower speeds.

And also how about their own branded devices? I would possibly purchase a ST branded S3, but what network would it run on?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones