• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

question about barcodescanners

blues82

Lurker
Mar 28, 2013
hello,

i have been thinking about buying the Y duos phone but then i saw that it does not have autofocus in the camera. does this have an impact on being able to use barcode scanners? i have a few apps that i like using and they need this ability. does anybody know if it can read barcodes?

hello,

i have been thinking about buying the Y duos phone but then i saw that it does not have autofocus in the camera. does this have an impact on being able to use barcode scanners? i have a few apps that i like using and they need this ability. does anybody know if it can read barcodes?

Welcome to the forums, blues82.

There are apps at Google's Play Store which address barcode scanners on devices with cameras not equipped with auto focus. Here's just one, there are many:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.visionsmarts.pic2shop&hl=en

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones