• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Question about battery life

So I've had this volt for probably four or five months now, and I've noticed the battery life has really degraded recently. If I'm interacting with it, and I'm kind of a heavy user, a full charge might last about eight hours. That's enough for me, really. I could deal with that, but it charges so slowly, I can't gain a charge if I'm using it at all, which is a problem when I use it for music while I am at work.

I want to know if getting a new battery would solve it. I am currently running CM11, if that makes a difference.

That certainly doesn't sound right. First thing I would do is go back to stock zv5 and make sure it's not the ROM. I think I saw someone else report high battery usage on CM.

I can have my GPS and tethering on with it plugged into the car charger and gain battery. Actually had it go from 50% to full in 4 hours under these circumstances.

It normally goes from dead to full in about 4 hours or less.

Upvote 0
I would check 2 things.

-Settings, developer options, select runtime, choose: Dalvik. I don't care what anyone says on here....ART is a battery drainer.

-Make sure you are using the right wall charger and usb cord. The original. I used a 3rd party wall charger/usb cord and it took forever to charge. Literally worthless. Used my original equipment and it recharged so much quicker.

Good luck

Upvote 0
Yep still on dalvik and using the lg charger I got with the phone. B4g4m3r I wouldn't need to flash a new radio or kernel? Just flash the ROM? My issue is that I don't have a computer, or even at the moment an SD card. I need to buy a new card, but I want to save for as big of one as I can get. Hoping for the 125 gig. So I can't make backups right now

Upvote 0
Yep still on dalvik and using the lg charger I got with the phone. B4g4m3r I wouldn't need to flash a new radio or kernel? Just flash the ROM? My issue is that I don't have a computer, or even at the moment an SD card. I need to buy a new card, but I want to save for as big of one as I can get. Hoping for the 125 gig. So I can't make backups right now
I meant that since you have custom recovery you don't have to go through the whole downgrade process. You don't even need a computer.

Reactions: CrimsonToker
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones