Question About Best Buy

Last Updated:

1. oPEEPINGTOMo

oPEEPINGTOMo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am thinking about getting the Fascinate whenever it comes out, but I was wondering if Best Buy will allow you to upgrade your phone and only sign a 1 year contract like Verizon does but pay more for the phone

Does anyone know?

And if they do allow this, do they still waive the mail-in-rebate stuff and take if off right then and there like they do when you do a 2 year? Didn't Best Buy do away with mail-in-rebates altogether?

Advertisement
  2. eleazar

eleazar Well-Known Member

I know that they did away with mail-in-rebates for sure. I can't say whether they will allow you to choose a 1 year upgrade. I was in there yesterday to preorder and I remember only seeing prices for a 2 year upgrade or a new line addition (and full retail). You could probably just call and get the answer in 5 minutes (4.5minutes on hold, 30 seconds asking the question).

3. burningembers

burningembers Well-Known Member

It might be different for different Best Buy's, I'd call yours. For mine anyway, it's either retail price or 2-year contract.

4. oPEEPINGTOMo

oPEEPINGTOMo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What about Amazon.com? Do they usually get the phones on the same day as everyone else, and if so, do they allow a 1yr upgrade?

5. burningembers

burningembers Well-Known Member

From what I can tell by checking with a couple relatively new phones (HTC Incredible and Motorola Droid X) on Amazon, they only do full retail or 2-year contract. Someone else might have to back me on this, as I only did a cursory run through.

As far as offering them on release day, I remember the HTC Incredible was available, but then you had to wait for it to ship to you. I am unaware if they do pre-orders for release day delivery.