• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root question about bugless beast 1.1

iamloco724

Android Enthusiast
Nov 6, 2009
i had this one my phone briefly last night to just check it out

2 things i had issues with was one even when i went into tempmonitor app its self it was only showing battery not cpu temp

and the other was when i went into titantium backup it told me busybox was not installed

is both of these normal and is there something i have to do..or something went wrong with that one install?

Did you ever install busybox?. I would dl droidrootpro from the market and follow this guide: http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-droid/44390-stock-2-0-1-bugless-beast-rom-beginners.html

At the bottom, of the op's original post, there is a way to install with no data loss. I am running BBV1 with no issues... Tempmon works great as well as setcpu...etc... everything.

The bottom line is there may be some apps that need to be reinstalled from fresh... not sure if tempmon was restored with Titanium or installed. Pete's Roms.... most ROM like to install clean meaning nandroid restore. Every install I do I manually install all my apps back... and so far everything has always worked fine.... minus some kernal issues heating things up and general wifi debugging problems.

Upvote 0
i had this one my phone briefly last night to just check it out

2 things i had issues with was one even when i went into tempmonitor app its self it was only showing battery not cpu temp

and the other was when i went into titantium backup it told me busybox was not installed

is both of these normal and is there something i have to do..or something went wrong with that one install?

You may need to install Busybox, however the temp sensor for the CPU not working is due to one of two things: Either you don't have it turned on (it's in the settings in temp monitor, I don't think it's on by default), or the kernel you are using. Not all kernels have the CPU sensor enabled. I'm currently using Droidmod's kernel, which does, but I had other kernels previously that would not read CPU temp, it would always just sit at the same number.

Upvote 0
If you already own droidrootpro why not just run through the process again?.

Just remember that when you press the button to "install flash_image" to read the whole comment on the button first..... it wants you to press the "Rename recovery-from-boot.p" right after you install/press the button to install the flash_image. You should only have to do this once. This makes certain that you dont end up with the default boot screen instead of Nandroid.

Then ... I would follow the steps in the link posted in my previous post in your thread for restoring a clean nandroid install.... or you could do the no data loss install. Just keep in mind that some of your apps may not work properly if you restore using Titanium.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones