Question about burning CDs

Last Updated:

1. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When burning a CD, is there a way to make the tracks play seamlessly from one track to the next? Like when you buy a CD, you'll have a track that does some talking and it immediately flows into the next track. Whenever I make a CD, there's always that pause between them. I hope I'm translating that well enough. lol

BTW, I'm using Roxio.

Advertisement
  2. EmoTonyB

EmoTonyB Well-Known Member

::time-warps bach into 1997:: i dunno about Roxio, but when burning through iTunes (oh hush) there is a burn option for a playback gap between songs. it is defaulted at 1 or 2 seconds but if you choose none then it will be seemless. maybe try a settings check to find soemthing liek that..

/warp

3. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Appreciate it, I'll give it a try. I was never a tinkerer until I bought a Droid, so I'm still getting used to playing w/ things.

4. Dark Reality

Dark Reality Well-Known Member

I use CDRTFE (CD-R Tools Frontend) and there is an option, in with the CD-Text, to specify the gap. Default is 2 seconds but it can be removed.

Many songs seem to have a gap of their own, if you open them in Audacity you can see it. When making a CD, sometimes it's a good idea to open the tracks in Audacity and tinker a bit. Like songs that have stupidly long intros, or talking in the beginning, or a long silent tail at the end, a little editing goes a long way.

5. arctic monkeys

arctic monkeys New Member

theres an option in nero which puts no gap between songs 2