Question about BusyBox

Last Updated:

1. chrisrod01

chrisrod01 Member This Topic's Starter

I have another thread on the troubleshooting sub-section http://androidforums.com/droid-x-support-troubleshooting/204613-setcpu-suddenly-stop-working-2-2-ota-root-device.html (setcpu isn't working and I think it might be busybox), and I have a question about BusyBox. I have used the Busybox app on the market it detects the root but doesn't find any Busybox. I have the file Busybox on my sd card which I did not put there.

How can I check and make sure BusyBox is installed where it is suppose to be?

Advertisement
  2. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

try opening titanium backup. if it runs, busybox is installed. if it doesnt, click the "problems" button at the bottom, and it'll install it for you.

3. Aggie12

Aggie12 Well-Known Member

^^ +1 best way to take care of busybox problems.

4. chrisrod01

I downloaded Titanium Backup everything works fine. SetCpu still not working. If i have a back up of Setcpu from a long time on my comp (when it still worked)could I uninstall the app and reload the app through titanium backup?

5. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

setcpu doesnt use busybox afaik. so i eoukd suggest clear setcpus data and cache or reinstall

6. chrisrod01

I have tried all of that even unrooting and rerooting. Even difference version of set cpu.

7. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

Sorry I posted that from my phone and hadnt read the other thread to see that you did that already. Are you using the most recent version of superuser? Perhaps the problem is with superuser. Did you hear anything back from the Dev of setcpu?

8. chrisrod01

I haven't heard back from the Dev. I tried to use Titaniium Backup to restore it back to an earlier time when it was working and on restart I finally saw the SetCpu icon on the notification bar. It looks like it able to work in the background but when launch nothing of the App interface isn't able to been seen.

I was considering flashing the phone to a 2.2 full sbf but I was wonder how do I do this? I already have the file except I don't know where I go to flash it. So if I flash the 2.2 sbf it will delete blur?

If it deletes blur I guess I can't do that I dont want to ruin the warranty. I guess my only option is to smash the phone and try to get a new one through my bestbuy warranty.