• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question about buy one get one free

nji911

Nov 16, 2009
Question for anybody who may have an answer..

My girfriend has an upgrade due and the droid 2's are now buy one get one free. My upgrade is not due for a while. Do both lines need to be elidgible for an upgrade in order to get the free one or can the free one be activated on any line? Thanks

Both lines have to be up for the upgrade. Either that or you need to add a line for the second free phone.

I just did that. I was up for a new every two and also took advantage of the buy one get one free. Although my wife's phone wasn't eligible she still got the new phone although, both plans had to be extended for the additional two years. Not a problem in my book for a free Dinc.

Upvote 0
Although my wife's phone wasn't eligible she still got the new phone although, both plans had to be extended for the additional two years. Not a problem in my book for a free Dinc.

My VZW store wouldn't let me do that. My wife's phone wasn't eligible for an upgrade, but we had a unused third line (that I had planned to drop) that was eligible. They let me transfer the upgrade eligibility to my wife's phone, but all three lines had to be renewed for 2 year contracts.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones