question about buying HERO from best buy...

Last Updated:

1. rjjr2531

rjjr2531 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i was in best buy today and gave my $50 deposit. my question to the guy was, what about the sprint rebate which brings the phone from lets say 500 dollars to $179.99 (actual selling price)...he said if you buy from sprint store u HAVE to do the rebates, but best buy gives it to you for the AFTER price out the door. this applies for new customers and current customers doing a 2 yr contract extension.

this surprised me and i almost couldnt belive him. can anyone support the validity of this?

THANKS.

Ps-going from a curve which i love to the hero. cant wait....lots of great youtube videos

Advertisement
  2. slbailey1

slbailey1 Well-Known Member

That is true. If you meet the requirements, you can walk out the door with the phone for 179.99+taxes and fees.

That's why a lot of people buy Sprint phones from Best Buy - you don't have to deal with mail-in rebates.

I've also pre-ordered the Hero from Best Buy.

3. rjjr2531

rjjr2531 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

THANKS! i almost cant believe that. sprint is really screwing those ppl in the stores. it can take almost 2 months for those rebates. theyve even screwed me out of 100 dollars before. GO BEST BUY

4. Gestalt

Gestalt Member

And then you realize that after you buy your phone from Best Buy, you go to RadioShack and see that the phone is even cheaper. They don't have the Hero yet, but it if was anything like my Blackjack II with AT&T, it will be at least $20 cheaper than the Best Buy price.

5. ChrisPlague

ChrisPlague Well-Known Member

i would recommend going onto sprint.com after your purchase from a 3rd party retailer and checking your account