Question about buying phone from independent sourceGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Binarysolo01001

Binarysolo01001 Member This Topic's Starter

Trying to snag a DInc from craigslist, and I'm just wondering what the policies are from VZW if something goes wrong with the phone, since I didn't purchase it directly from VZW.

Advertisement
  2. benson304

benson304 Well-Known Member

You won't have any warranty as far as I know.

Binarysolo01001 likes this.
  3. Binarysolo01001

Binarysolo01001 Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the quick reply!

4. allensull

allensull Member

I bought mine off EBay it was a week old when I got it. I was able to get Insurance on mine though Verizon.

5. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

Private party, or certified reseller?

6. benson304

benson304 Well-Known Member

Insurance is probably likely, but not a warranty. In that if you pay for insurance and pay a deductible to replace the phone, yeah I could see that. However, if your phone has some defects or something I don't picture Verizon replacing it for free.

7. NoRegrets78

NoRegrets78 Well-Known Member

I was told Verizon's insurance is not available on phones from ebay.

8. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

You might be able to get insurance/warranty from Square Trade. You'll have to look into it yourself.

9. sirchadwick1

sirchadwick1 Well-Known Member

You know, I really considered going through wirefly or something similar.... also eBay, etc. But I don't like these 3rd party policies that don't quite line up w/ Verizon's. For instance... w/ some of them you have to pay a pretty large fee if you violate a certain policy or cancel your contract within a certain period of time, even if you have reception problems, etc. Other times it can just simply void your rebate (if you have one) if you change your plan within so many months. It was all too much garbage and hassle for me to save a few bucks. I ended up ordering straight from Verizon online and used a $30 off coupon for the DInc. which was applied to each phone. They also did overnight shipping for free and waived the activation fees.

I know you probably already have a contract w/ Verizon Binary... so my post probably doesn't help you a bit. But I just wanted to get that out there for the other guys who are thinking about buying a phone from wirefly, etc. to save a few bucks. Going directly through Verizon is the best route.