question about calendar app with google calendar and default notifications

Last Updated:

1. royal23

royal23 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

hi guys
    great forum, been reading pretty much all of the stickies and searched as well, but unable to find an answer to my question.

just got the phone a week ago.
    i'm using Google Calendar exclusively for all my date keeping. it's great to see that the default calendar apps sync with google calendar (GC)

now, in GC (the web version) i set up the default reminders for new appointments to be a) email and b) sms.
    i noticed that, in order to get notifications on my PHONE as well, i need to add c) pop up to it. tested and that seems to work fine. will that pop up show anywhere else as well though? i never used that notification option before.

and i noticed the following two annoying things:

1) default appointment notifications not set when appointment made using phone calendar application
    when i make a new appointment from my PHONE, it shows up on the web version after a sync, that's all very cool. BUT then the appointment does not get assigned the default notification options (email and SMS), it only has pop up. any way to work around that? can't seem to find options for that.

2) when appointment made via application, web version of the appointment shows me as a GUEST who has confirmed
    that's a bit rubbish?! i.e. the experience is totally different from the appointments i set using the web version of GC.

Advertisement
  2. royal23

hmmm nobody with the same problem? :)

3. ffooky

ffooky New Member

Yep, just checked and it's the same for me which is fine for getting a basic entry when you're out and about but a pretty poor implementation.

4. royal23

cheers
    yeah it is really poor for sure.
    probably just one of those things you have to live with, and potentially just have to edit the appointment you made on the phone application later in the web version.
    the "guest" thing annoys the hell out of me though!

5. nhladdict

nhladdict Member

Royal23 have you found a workaround for the guest issue. I have the same problem. Those appts made on my phone won't make it to my outlook calendar unless I delete myself as a guest. Then it sync fine. I use google sync on my PC to sync Outlook and Google. I don't want to have to keep removing myself as a guest for every appt I make on my phone.