Question about completely wiping/formatting an sdhc cardSupport

Last Updated:

1. DeadLee

DeadLee New Member This Topic's Starter

The SD card on my samsung fascinate worked fined until I tried to save a sound from a mms. Then my fascinate starting slowing down... until i removed the sd card. Then the phone ran fine...

The problem I have is that I tried to format the sd card both by phone, and by computer. However the phone would freeze up if I insert the card, and my computer is unable to format the card. I tried going to controlpanel//administrative tools/computer management -> disk management, but it was unable to format the card.

I even tried downloading something called an "sd formatter" however it appears as though my card is "not supported". Does anyone have a solution on how to return it back to normal? It appears as though normal formatting methods are not working.

The card came with the fascinate... 16gb, class 2 if that helps at all...

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Hello deadlee, and welcome to Android Forums.

The Samsung Fascinate forums are a good place for your questions about that device; I've moved the thread to that area for you.

3. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

I've been having various problems with the sd card in both of our fascinates as well. The problem that seems to be happening the most is that the sd card won't mount when connected to the usb port on the computer. I've had to reseat the card in the phone a few times now.

In your case, it sounds like you have a bad card. I would take it back to Verizon and have them replace it.

4. summerfish

summerfish Well-Known Member

^ Agreed. Take it back to Verizon. They are able to plug it into another phone and/or their computer to test it out. They should understand and trade it out.

5. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Indeed, there have been a few others with SD card issues, take it back