Question about creating a wallpaperGeneral

Last Updated:

1. fearofth3dark

fearofth3dark Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question and I've been searching all over but I can't find an answer. I am trying to create a wallpaper for my HTC Incredible and I have tried multiple image sizes but no matter what I pick, the image is too big for the screen. What size does it have to be? Or what am I doing wrong?

Advertisement
  2. zemerick

zemerick Well-Known Member

480(width) x 800(height)..but you should be able to use most any size. ( EX: You can take a pic at 8 megapixels, and set it as wallpaper. I haven't tried copying a file from my comp and setting it as a desktop yet...so I can't say the exact steps off hand. If someone else doesn't answer soon, I'll check it out. )

3. fearofth3dark

fearofth3dark Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

That's one of the sizes I tried but It was too big and the phone automatically made me crop it. Or when I set it without cropping it, it went off the screen.

4. Callahan

Callahan Well-Known Member

5. bigvinny

bigvinny Well-Known Member

Use 960x800, unless you just want to have it fit exactly into one screen and no need to have it move around when switching the panel (that would be 480x800). As for cropping problem (aka. green rectangle), put your finger onto the corner of green rectangle, and zoom in/out icon will show up, then you can expand the rectangle and Voila! Perfect fit!
    I personally prefer .png over .jpg, since .png is lossless format.