Question about "Dialer Storage"General

Last Updated:

1. Instinct User

Instinct User Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'll occasionally go into the "manage applications" section to check on the amount of memory some of my apps are using. A few days ago the "dialer storage" app was using less than 1mb of memory. Now it's up to 5.13mb. I have noticed it fluctuating before but I have no idea what causes it to do so. It's really not that big of a deal but I'm just curious if anyone has a clue. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Instinct User

Instinct User Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

As of this morning the "dialer storage" was up to 5.46mb so I did some more research on the matter. Found out on another forum that the dialer storage app is not only for phone call logs but also text messages and picture mail. I went ahead and deleted some old texts that I didn't want to save (particularly those with pictures) and the app dropped down to 2.43mb. Just FYI for anyone else out there that had the same question/concern.

arfyness and AndroidSPCS like this.
  3. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

good to know, thanks.

4. arfyness

arfyness New Member

Now for an app that will filter through Pic/Video messages to find all the ones I've accumulated over the past year, so I can offload those ones I want to save ...

I wouldn't be surprised if I missed it, but I haven't found an app to help with that yet.