question about different launcher on the 101

1. TJC Funknuckle

TJC Funknuckle Active Member

I have loaded the official market on the 101 but every time i search for adw or launcher pro in the market all it brings up is themes? This thing runs pretty smooth but I heard with a different launcher its better.

Advertisement
  2. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

have you done the market fix yet?
    To get more apps showing, try the following:

Go to settings/applications/manage applications/Running Tab.
    Find Market, click 'Force Stop' then 'Clear Cache' (Do NOT press clear data).
    Hit the back arrow.
    Find Google Services Framework, click 'Clear Data' then 'Force Stop'.
    Reboot your archos.

You may get an error the first time you use the market after this, just close the market and try again.

this should show you more apps in the market, there is also an app called 'MarketEnabler' that will trick the market into thinking your archos is on a sim service and will show even more apps.

You could also try looking from the market website instead of the app https://market.android.com/

I have tried Launcherpro Plus and Zeam launchers and have stuck with Zeam as it seems faster and more stable on my Archos 101. (LauncherPro on my HTC Desire though.)

goodluck.
    TJC Funknuckle and UBRocked like this.
  3. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

ADW fan myself...to each their own. :) Thanks for posting the market fix info! Definitely sounds like the problem the OP is having.
  4. TJC Funknuckle

TJC Funknuckle Active Member

Thanks Gadgets, worked like a charm.... the market fix that is.
  5. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

your welcome