Question about Facebook Sync.Support

Last Updated:

1. docp

docp Active Member This Topic's Starter

I've looked around the forum for this answer but I can't seem to find it. I've linked just about all of my gmail contacts with facebook contacts. I see as people update their statuses, it will update in People but when pictures are changed, the picture in People does not change.

Is there any way I can change that? If I click on the person and browse to their facebook pictures, it will show that they have new pictures but it will not change the picture in the contact.

Anyone else notice this?

Advertisement
  2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Maybe try unlinking, save contact, and then re-link them?

3. docp

no change

even when i browse to link them again with the facebook contact, still shows the old picture. i guess it's not too much of a big deal but i don't know why everything else will sync but not the profile picture.

4. Piesto

Piesto New Member

How to do get photos of your friends on facebook to sync to People? I've been looking everywhere for this answer...Thanks!

5. docp

if you browse to the contact, click on it and on the right corner when the contact comes up, you notice a phone (if it is a phone contact) or google (if it is a google contact) and a little icon above it, click that it will bring you to the profile link page where you can then choose a facebook contact.

i just can't figure out how to get the picture to update. it's a little frustrating at this point

6. jcramer83

jcramer83 Member

Bump. Im looking for this answer too

7. Ruben

Ruben Well-Known Member

I've noticed this to. Anyone willing to call HTC?

8. Mr.Slave

Mr.Slave Well-Known Member

If you go into a person's contact->menu->link->menu->select contact photo. Try that.

9. Ruben

Ruben Well-Known Member

nope

10. Mr.Slave

Did you press Menu->accounts->FB-> and screw with these sync options yet?

11. Eric1392

Eric1392 Member

I am also having this problem. I just tried this idea and it did not work. I went into account and manually hit sync all and still hasnt worked. I am having the same exact problem with the facebook default pictures not updating on the linked contact in people. Is there anyone else who has had this problem and was able to fix it? I am considering calling HTC...

12. Mr.Slave

how long have you waited from the time the pic was updated to deciding to post about it? Have you left your phone alone to sync while you were not on it for any considerable amount of time?

13. Eric1392

Eric1392 Member

Mine has been about a day where I have noticed that people that have new default pictures since I originally synced the accounts are not showing up. It is set to auto-sync every two hours so it has had plenty of time

14. docp

have done the same...know of at least 3 people who have changed their profile pics on friday after i set up the sync. someone has to call...

15. jprow507

jprow507 Well-Known Member

I have noticed this as well. I changed my own personal pic and resynced and my phone did not recognize the change. Somehow I was able to go to my "contact card" and select options and when I told it to use my Facebook photo it DID update.

However, my wife's phone refused to reflect the change. She had to delete the Facebook for HTC Sense account and then add it back. When she did this my current photo was reflected.

16. JETC

JETC Well-Known Member

Bump. Also having the same issues. Had to delete my facebook for htc account and re-added it back again to reflect profile picture change....

17. Eric1392

Eric1392 Member

if you do this, will you have to go through and re-link everyones profiles?

18. JETC

JETC Well-Known Member

Does it automatically...that is if the name of your contacts is the same as your fb contacts. Don't have hundreds of fb friends so this method works for me. :p

19. Mr.Slave

The picture on your phone will not update right as the picture on FB is changed. You have to either run FB sync manually or wait for it to run itself. FB is not push like Gmail or SMS.

20. jprow507

In theory that is correct, however in reality it doesn't work. That is the point of this thread. You can run the sync and the pic will not update and if you wait for it to run itself, it will still not update the pic. The only way to get the pic to update is to DELETE the Facebook for HTC Sense account and add it back.

21. Mr.Slave

How long have you waited after the pic was changed to see if it changed on the phone?

Edit: The FB sync might not always ask for that info that is why I ask. I also say this because on my last droid it did change but it took time to.

22. jprow507

I waited about 36 hours and it didn't reflect the change .... not sure if I should have waited longer or not, but this was also after re-syncing it multiple times, unchecking and checking contacts in the sync options, and going into the contact manually and un-linking/re-linking.

23. Ruben

Ruben Well-Known Member

I have a feeling that this will be a bug fix. I wish it didn't require so much trouble.

24. tienr

tienr New Member

i think i fixed mine by logging out, then logging back in...make sure sync is on. and maybe try rebooting...but i did manage to update the profile pictures without having to delete facebook

25. NYC Coyote

NYC Coyote Well-Known Member

I'm having the opposite problem. I chose all the photos and saved them in my google contacts before getting the phone (I like seeing the photos I chose - creature of habit - and easier for me at least to find the person that way by photo)

But I have turned off facebook completely on the phone because even after I tell it to use the google photo....it stays for about 5 min and then defaults back to the facebook photo.

Even if I dont' have contact syncing enabled.