Question about factory reset issues (I am putting my tinfoil hat back on)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 3devious, Aug 5, 2010.

1. 3devious

3devious Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Washington, DC area
    Don't you think it is wierd that reports of loss of 3G service started rolling in over the last couple of days yet Verizon claimed that it was a device problem on all of the devices running 2.1 except the Devour? I can't help but feel distrustful of VZW since they reported the the Droid's hardware cannot support a wifi hotspot when this has been proven untrue. (Perhaps they can't get it to work with the crapware that they want to bundle in 2.2 but that statement is somewhat offensive.)

Advertisement
  2. kevpan815

kevpan815 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2010
    Public Assistance
    Algonquin, IL
    I tried out Factory Reset on my Forced Froyo Update 1 Droid and have no 3G problems 2 report so far so good!

3. twosips

twosips Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Re-read the sticky. The issue is when you FR when running 2.1 (not forced update to Froyo)

4. skilaufen

skilaufen Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
    Something
    Somewhere
    The most important question is where do you get your tinfoil hats?

"Paranoid R Us" or "They-are-watching.com":eek:

5. tyneusch

tyneusch Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2009
    Bank Manager
    Midwest
    Just before I forced 2.2 to my Droid, I FRed on 2.1. and no problems to speak of. I find its nice to FR every couple of months. My phone starts getting semi clunky with the install/uninstall of apps over time and I just like ot wipe it all. So to answer the ?, I did not have any problems with my 3G after FR.

6. kevpan815

kevpan815 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2010
    Public Assistance
    Algonquin, IL
    I know that. I was just letting you know that it appears 2 be fixed in Froyo Update 1.