1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Question about files in obb directoryGeneral

1. thecdn

thecdn Well-Known Member

I recently purchased The Bards Tale while it was on sale and wanted to install the HD version. It's a huge app, approx 3.5g, so I had to delete a lot of my already installed apps to clear up space.

I uninstalled some games like Horn, Nova 3, etc and finally had enough room to install BT. Out of curiosity I fired up DiskUsage to take a look at what was still taking up space on my N7 and found that the obb directory had 4.1g in it with folders like:
    com.Phosphor.Horn.Paid - 1.7g
    com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftM3HM - 1.35g
    com.glu.gladiator2 - 300m
    deadtrigger - 152m
    gladiator - 120m
    modwarsniper - 107m
    deadzone - 106m
    gbwg - 103m
    overkill - 62m
    jellydefense - 58.9m

I have uninstalled all these games. Does this mean the uninstall process leaves these behind by default? Something like a windows uninstall asking if you want to delete just the program or program + data?

Does this mean if I leave the com.Phosphor.Horn.Paid folder and reinstall Horn at a later time it will have my save game information?

At least I'll be able to free up some more space now and be able to better understand how much space is being taken up by games going forward.

Advertisement
    :
  2. jhsrennie

jhsrennie Well-Known Member

I think that when I uninstalled Horn it removed the files from obb as well. I don't know why it should have left them behind in your case.

I've found that if I copy the Horn files from obb to my PC before uninstalling Horn, I can at a later date copy them back then reinstall Horn and Horn will use those files without redownloading them. Having said this, there may be updates/bug fixes at some point that change the obb files, and I'd guess this would require the new versions to be downloaded.