Question about flashing

Last Updated:

1. cel13

cel13 New Member This Topic's Starter

My spica is running on Android 1.5, I tried upgrading with several tools, none worked, and I was told that only place when I can upgrade it is Samsung's service, which is going to cost a lot.

So now I'm thinking about flashing it. Are there any people here who have successfully flashed their Spica 1.5 to 2.1, and does everything work ? I have read something about GPS not working and other problems.

And it will also void my warranty, right ?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. yah5

yah5 Active Member

Flashing your device to 2.1 yourself will not void your warranty. Rooting the phone will though.

Everything works. Many people have done the flash themselves and everything is working 100% fine. All you're doing is replacing the 1.5 and putting the official 2.1 made by Samsung on your phone.

Follow this guide here: Samsung I5700 Galaxy Spica Android 2.1 Flashing Guide | It's All About Software, PHP, JavaScript and Android Programming

Follow through the guide and everything will be fine. Use the dropbox links I provided on the page for fast downloading.

3. cel13

cel13 New Member This Topic's Starter

Okay I did it, and everything seems to be working, I didn't even have to do Flash II and III, it started up right after the first one.

Thanks