Question about FM Receiver on Evo

Last Updated:

1. burgertime

burgertime Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This might be a dumb question...but could there be any chance the receiver could work as a transmitter as well? I really have no knowledge of receivers/transmitters when it comes to radio frequencies. I know, what you're saying, "the spec sheet would say so". However I'm just curious if it's maybe a duel transmitter and receiver but is only using the receiver end. I imagine someone with a current Android phone with a FM receiver could answer this as it would probably use the same technology.

If you could get it to transmit you could probably create some sort of media player app that transmit so you don't have to buy any car accessory if you have an older stereo. I also imagine you could come up with a fun walkie talkie app, or just create havoc on your friends/enemies radios on the fly.

Advertisement
  2. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

it is a receiver only :( i think alot of people were looking forward to transmitter but the receiver will be nice :)

burgertime likes this.
  3. burgertime

burgertime Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the reply!

4. cesjr02

cesjr02 Well-Known Member

Audio transmission over bluetooth is much better in my opinion anyway. If you have a bluetooth capable car audio unit that is.