Question about future updateSupport

Last Updated:

1. marioc5198

marioc5198 Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone know if the 2.0, 2.1 update will have auto-flash?? i think this is the only thing missing now in the xperia!

Advertisement
  2. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member

As I understand it, it will be rolled into Froyo 2.2..... This is my source:

Link: http://blogs.adobe.com/flashplayer/2010/09/flash-player-10-1-for-android-update-1.html

"We are pleased to announce the first update release of the Flash Player 10.1 binary for Android devices. Earlier this summer, in June 2010, we released Flash Player 10.1 to all of our OEM Open Screen Project partners and achieved general availability of the Player binary for all Android 2.2 (“Froyo”) devices on August 16, 2010. This update release includes new device optimizations for recently certified devices, additional bug fixes, and security updates..."

We don't even know if our phones will get 2.2..... Hopefully it will, but no one has came out and said we would yet... And so we wait.............

3. marioc5198

i didnt mean flash player or something like that, i mean autoflash for the camera

4. tinkk

tinkk Well-Known Member

Yes it will, 2.1 is meant to bring support for the automatic camera flash, should have been put in in the first place! What a fail

5. jackx10

jackx10 Well-Known Member

download and use a cracked version of vignette it is an app with autoflash.

6. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Vignette's developers made a good app, which deserves the support of users. If we want updates and new apps developed it is incumbent upon us to support them through the proper channels and either pay for the full app or take the lite ad supported version.

wynney666 likes this.
  7. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Android Forums does not condone or encourage software piracy, and requests that its users do likewise when using the site.

8. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member

My bad, yes 2.1 as quoted will fix the Auto-Flash. Thanks for the tip RoseRed, wasn't aware there was an app out there that fixed, it. Downloaded and bought it today!

9. marioc5198

ok, thank you very much for the answer! yes i know vignette, but it dont like it at all, it doesnt have all the same features...

so, i guess i just have to wait! :)

10. wynney666

wynney666 Well-Known Member

vignette, sweet. will be checking that out.