1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Question about Gameboid Lite

Last Updated:

1. RunamuckRez

RunamuckRez Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone, I'm new to forums and android in general. I've had the Eris since early December and finally got around to playing with emulators. I've got both Gameboid and GBCoid and both are working with no major problems. The GBCoid is running very smoothly (no doubt due to the lower requirements of the system), but the Gameboid is somewhat choppy. I'm currently trying to play Final Fantasy V (I already figured that fast paced games on this thing is not gonna happen), but if I play with the sound on the screen lags and the sound quality is very off. Is there anyway to improve this? Is this issue resolved in the full version of Gameboid? I'm currently in a "testing" kinda phase to see if I like how the Eris and Gameboid work together so I have not paid for the full app yet. Any thoughts or insight would be greatly appreciated.

RunamuckRez

Advertisement
  2. Shinnen

Shinnen New Member

I am having the same problem.. I had the droid 1 when it first came out and could run any game, even the fast paced games with no problems whatsoever (gameboid) even with things running in the back ground. Now I have the droid 2 and even the slow paced games run choppy. Usually you can reduce the maxium frame reduce to 0 to fix this but it no longer works. Any suggestions anyone??

3. Shinnen

Shinnen New Member

It seems the only way to reduce this is to set frame skip mode to manual reduce max frame skips to 0 and set the screen refresh rate to as low as possible. It drains battery but improves quality. hope it helped