Question about getting my Droid to display the album/artist of music correctly...Support

Last Updated:

1. SaosinEngaged

SaosinEngaged Member This Topic's Starter

My girlfriend made me several mix CD's for Christmas, and I'd very much prefer to just rip them to my Droid since I use that as my primary MP3 player now. The problem I'm having is that even though I place the ripped MP3's into a folder named as I want it to appear under artists, and then the subfolder named as I want the album to appear in the music player, once I go into the player on my Droid it just says "Unknown Arist" then "Unknown Album."

I don't understand why it's doing this, because I have the folder named the way I want them to appear and it's not working, yet other music I downloaded in my music folder is correctly showing up on the player.

To better illustrate what I mean:

In my music folder on the SD card, I just added a folder "CD1" with the album "Album1" inside that, with the tracks inside that.

INstead of on the player it being displayed as "CD1" under artist" and then "album 1" under the album drop down, it just says "Unknown Artist" and then "Unknown Album," but the tracks are there.

Any help guys?

Advertisement
  2. Punkinhead

Punkinhead Member

The folder names don't matter. What matters are the ID3 tags inside the MP3 files themselves. Lots of free software out there for inserting tags into the files. I use EasyTag under Linux.

3. square

square Well-Known Member

the mp3s are tagged? what do the artist/album fields say in itunes (or similar mp3 player software)?

4. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

I think the Droid just uses ID3 tags instead of folders like windows media player and winamp do. I've found media monkey helpful for addind ID3 tags to mp3s. Hth

5. SaosinEngaged

SaosinEngaged Member This Topic's Starter

Wow how dumb of me not to realize that. I just downloaded and used MP3tags and it worked flawlessly. Thanks a lot for pointing that out.