• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question about Go SMS

Since I finally got ICS, I was debating getting Go SMS...but never used anything other than the stock text messaging app on my phones before... if I do install it, do I have to delete the stock text messaging app (is there even a way to do this?) ?? I just don't wanna have 2 text msg apps on my phone...and if I do use Go SMS, I want my notifications to come from that only & not the stock msg app..if that makes sense??

I'm not new to apps per se....just new to using an app other than stock..

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Nah, you can't delete the stock text messaging app on your device and the only way to do that is to Root your phone. I have go SMS and I get messages from both that and the stock message app and you can have it on Go SMS where a window pops up with the current message. I'm going to check in the options on Go SMS to see what can be done. :)

Reactions: DEWsBabygirl
Upvote 0
Nah, you can't delete the stock text messaging app on your device and the only way to do that is to Root your phone. I have go SMS and I get messages from both that and the stock message app and you can have it on Go SMS where a window pops up with the current message. I'm going to check in the options on Go SMS to see what can be done. :)

Thanks so much! Let me know what you find out..I just want to be totally informed before I install it :)

Upvote 0
So I can use Go SMS as my main text messaging app if I do that? And just move it to the home screen once I download it, replacing the stock messaging app there???

Yes, and if you are running ICS you can go into the apps-settings-all and find text message, press it and choose disable. This will totally shut down the built in one and now on your ICS lock screen you will see. Go SMS instead of the built in one as the SMS option.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones