Question about Google Maps GPSSupport

Last Updated:

1. anavrin0901

anavrin0901 Member This Topic's Starter

It does not work as conveniently as the Navigator does :( I can't just say that I want to seach for a restaraunt and it will populate addresses and I can choose to navigate to one of those. Does it do that? Am I missing something? I am really missing my Navigator.

I also found something annoying. Last night when I was playing with it I put in my home address and said navigate. I could not figure out how to cancel the navigation. It kept showing up in my notification area as an ongoing process no matter how many times I tried to stop the app.

Am I doing something wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Advertisement
  2. Telexen

Telexen Well-Known Member

Um...just pop up the search in the menu when in maps and say "Restaurants"...it plots restaurants around you (you can also be more specific like, "burgers" or "pizza").

To end navigation open the menu and "Exit Navigation".

The menu button is your friend.

3. anavrin0901

anavrin0901 Member This Topic's Starter

wow! Thanks Telexen...I would have never thought to hit search in the menu...duh!!!

Thanks a million! It does not seem to pick up everything, but stuff shows up now.

I just tried your exit navigation and it worked too! I thought I did that yesterday, but I guess not. My GPS seems not to be accurate within 50 to 100 feet of places. But I guess it is better than nothing. Weird how I have lived in my new develop for 4 years now and Google Maps still doesn't show it on the maps...it ends about 1/2 mile before my house.