• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Question about Google Play Music on Android

A

Android Question

Hi, quick question about the Google Play Music app on Android

On iOS, when listening to a track (saved offline or not) you can slide the tracking bar to skip forward in a song, but there is no way of fast-forwarding or fast-rewinding by holding down the forward/backward arrows.

Often, I'm listening to podcasts that might be like 1 hr long, and if I want to go back 30 seconds, it's extremely hard to do so by sliding the track progress bar backwards. I wondered if the Android app would let you rewind by holding the backward arrow?

I'm considering switching to a Nexus phone on my next upgrade (advantages are that I love material design, disadvantage would be losing iMessages). This would be a possible thing for the advantage category. Otherwise it will be neutral.

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones