Question about Google Voice SMS notifcationGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Nabraham

Nabraham Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, got my google voice invite, set myself up with a new number and so far mostly everything is working great.

My only problem, is that when i get SMS, the phone isn't lighting up like normal. In settings, i have it set to blink status light when a text comes in but it's not working. Vibration works and it makes a dinging noise but no light. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Nabraham

Nabraham Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Bump, anyone?

3. rick311

rick311 Well-Known Member

use smspop up to help solve your problems.

4. Jmtegra

Jmtegra Well-Known Member

Not trying to hijack your thread but when i get a sms for google voice it sends me a notification for the voice app and also a notification in the native messaging app. Anyway to change this other than disabling notifications in the native app as i use it for sms for my regular number.

5. HunterJohnson

HunterJohnson Well-Known Member

In the voice app go to settings-notifications and un check the get sms for voicemail. This will allow you to just receive a notification through the voice app.

Pro:
    Notifications show up as different icon so you can tell the difference between them and a text

Con:
    have noticed that it takes about a 1-2 min after the missed call for the notification to show up

6. Jmtegra

Jmtegra Well-Known Member

Im asking about SMS notifications not voicemail =/

7. HunterJohnson

HunterJohnson Well-Known Member

so your saying since you installed google voice, you no longer recieve the flashing light notification when you recieve text messages?

If not then im just a little confused on what you mean by sms notifications through google voice.

Also noticed if you have the message app up/open when recieving a text it will sometimes not blink, and have not found a work around for this.