Question About Handcent SMS!

Last Updated:

1. JMF_Droid

JMF_Droid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, just a quick easy question. I noticed that you have different options when splitting a text over 160 characters... is it really necessary to split 'em or is choosing NO SPLIT, fine? I don't want ppl only receiving part of my text. But I tested the NO SPLIT w/ a few ppl & they got the whole message.

Advertisement
  2. Shadowtech

Shadowtech Well-Known Member

Only people on Verizon will receive the full text over 160.. other networks will be cut off at that limit. The point of the setting is allowing you to type the whole large message and still make sure it gets properly sent.

3. DanSan

DanSan Well-Known Member

actually its the other way around..

verizon originally limited it just to 160 characters. recently i believe they changed that but handcent allows it where it splits the messages into multiple messages when u go over 160. it also can set it where it changes the sms to a mms.

they recently added some split options.. like simple split, split word, split word and add counter. little confused to what the differences are

4. Shadowtech

Shadowtech Well-Known Member

I never realized even VZW had this limitation. On my old phone I never got any warnings when I sent to other VZW customers, but it alerted me when I would send off network. So I just assumed it wasn't an issue on this network. It was annoying when I would send to my iphone friend as my old phone didn't break up the message so I had to guess where it got cut off. Since I got the Droid and Handcent though it has never been an issue with the message splitting.