Question About Hard Resetting Rooted Phone

Last Updated:

1. jordansaweirdo

jordansaweirdo Active Member This Topic's Starter

first off I've done searches on google and AF and found nothing.

I havent received ANY texts for the past two days. I've uninstalled the latest apps I've installed (Task Killer & Texas Hold Em). I didnt have many installed to begin with and still had 86mb free before uninstalling them. i've restarted and pulled the battery over and over. still nothing.

my phone is rooted with Fresh 1.1 and I have the Gumbo kernel.

NOW... i'm thinking about trying a hard reset to try and fix this SMS issue. can i backup my phone to where i dont have to do the manual rooting all over again? that kitchen didnt work for me and i really dont feel like running thru all that code again. what all does a backup actually back up?

please help before i chuck this p.o.s. out the window and go back to my Centro.

i'm not even going to waste my time calling the d-bags over at sprint

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Did you do a nandroid backup?

When I was rooted, I was able to do a hard reset WITHOUT changing my root status. You should just lose all contacts, apps, pictures, etc. Hopefully you are using google contacts and have a nandroid backup just in case anything goes screwy.

3. jordansaweirdo

jordansaweirdo Active Member This Topic's Starter

i think i did a nandroid backup when i first rooted but am not sure. i know i have the folder on my SD card. is there a way to re-backup just to be on the safe side?

also how do i Hard Reset after i back things up again?

yeah i have my contacts in my gmail online. i'm not worried about apps or pictures.

i guess last question is how do i restore things after its hard reset from the backed up files?

i'm such a n00b