• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Question about HelixLauncher and NexTheme ESE81 R2

kongo101

Apr 21, 2010
Hello,

First post, although I've been reading these forums for a minute now.

Just installed my first ROM, NexTheme ESE81 R2. Everything's working snappy, no problems whatsoever.

Just a simple user question using HelixLauncher. I want to configure my shortcuts on the bottom a little more. Specifically, I want to make it so that when I push the phone icon (which is one of the shortcuts pinned to the bottom) it goes to the "recent calls" list, rather than the dial pad.

I know I have to set that in "Preferences", "Shortcuts (Advanced Only)", and somewhere in there (either Application Class or URI), but I don't know how to do that.

Could someone kindly point the way? Thanks~

BTW, I was going to post this in the NexTheme thread, but it was also a question about the HelixLauncher, so I made it a separate thread. Mods, feel free to categorize and move if necessary.

David.

One work around is to use an alternate dialer app. I use DialerOne and its default screen is half dial pad and half recent calls list. Also has a lot more features than the default app (and is free too).

And if you don't want the half-dialer in the recent calls list view, you can select the option to hide the dialer in Dialer One's settings.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones