• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Question about how Sim cards work

On CDMA carriers like Boost and Virgin Mobile, the SIM only serves to use LTE data. It doesn't hold account information the way a SIM does on a GSM phone, so there's no benefit to switching the SIM - and no reason to remove it from the phone when you sell it.

If you have a SIM malfunction on a Boost or Virgin Mobile phone, customer service should be able to send you a replacement.

Reactions: CrimsonToker
Upvote 0
I have my MEID number, could i just access a dialer menu and input it to switch service to the other phone?

I'm assuming that Boost has a similar mechanism for swapping phones to the one that Virgin Mobile uses - you sign into your account where it shows the current phone you're using, select "swap phones" and enter the MEID and ICCID of the new phone you want to use. There's no reason you can't use that to switch between two different phones of the same model. The only thing that may hold you back would be if you had some kind of expired plan that would be lost by switching phones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones