Question about how the VIDEO PLAYER works on the HTC Hero

Last Updated:

1. dvdqnoc

dvdqnoc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

If im watching a video, and I pause it to use a different app, and return to the video app, will it remember the place I left off? Or will it start the video from the beginning?

Especially when watching episodes or movies, I wouldnt want to have to fast forward and search for the place I left off in my video...

I am under the impression that the Hero DOES keep my palce in the video, as a part of its background processing function. But will the Hero automatically close my video app if I don't use it for a while? For example, can I watch half a show today, and the other half 2 days later without having to search for where I left off?

ALSO - I've heard everywhere that video playback sucks on the HTC Hero. Issues include stuttering, skipping of the playback. Can anyone tell me if the firmware update fixes the video playback issue? Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Merago

Merago Well-Known Member

Yep, it'll remember the next time you go in, provided you leave the app running in the background. If you kill the app with some form of task manager software (or remove the battery obviously), it won't remember where you left off.

I don't think the video app would get closed by the Hero after a period of inactivity, but I'd be lying if I said I knew that for certain.