Question About HTC WeatherSupport

Last Updated:

1. KyleJ1012

KyleJ1012 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I live in Ocean County NJ. The GPS weather is very accurate when I am anywhere but home (Barnegat). When I am home it always thinks I am somewhere in PA, either Ardmore or Havertown. Any ideas on why this might be & what I can do to fix it?

Thx!

Advertisement
  2. bruinfanjb

bruinfanjb New Member

I am having a slightly different problem with the HTC weather screen. It does not accurately update the temperature. It is showing at least 25 degrees lower than the actual temp outside. I also have weatherbug installed on the phone and that temp is currently 22 degrees higher than the HTC listing and is much more accurate. I know the data comes from accuweather, but is there any way to fix this or is it strictly an accuweather problem?

3. KyleJ1012

KyleJ1012 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Okay, I had to bump this thread because this issue is driving me crazy. All day today my phone is stating that I am in Arklow, which apparently is in IRELAND! Im on the East Coast of the USA!

I am now also having another issue ever since the Froyo update. The HTC clock will stop working at least once a day & the background will go black. No location or weather & the clock stops on whatever time it was when it shut down. If I delete the clock from the screen the time gets removed however a shaded black box remains. The only way I have found to remove it is to power off/on the phone. I am then able to add a working clock to the screen. (GPS still wrong though)

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

All help is greatly appreciated.

4. Throckmorton P.

Throckmorton P. Member

Hey everyone...
    I'm not an incredible user... have an EVO, but just experienced a similar problem. Work in downtown Atlanta but this afternoon the HTC Clock (the clock combined with the weather that comes standard) said I was in Columbus. Google maps also located me in Columbus. Turned off GPS and went by the wifi signal only and maps showed me in Atlanta, but the weather location remained the same. Had to delete widget and put it back... that resolved the issue.

Hope this doesn't happen often. The only thing I was doing different today was using Easytether for an extended period... but I don't see how that would affect the situation.

5. straiko

straiko New Member

My HTC incredible is doing the same thing. *228 does not help and a hard reset helps only for a short while. Sometimes it decides I am in Portland on west coast time (I live in Pennsylvania)!! I have missed meeting alerts because my clock decided to change time zones. If this keeps up I will need to pay the penalty and change to an iPhone. ugh.

6. jayochs

jayochs Well-Known Member

haha hey OP, i'm from ocean county, too. i'm up in brick. and around here, i'd constantly get "Current Location." i've made threads about it and how innaccurate it is.....no fix ever since 2.2..

so you know what i did? downloaded Fancy Widget. google it, as its not in the market anymore...but its identical to teh HTC clock, but uses weather.com for its weather instead of crappy accuweather.....and guess what? accurate readings!