question about installing ROMs

Last Updated:

1. mezdup

mezdup Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i noticed that the majority of ROMs (if not all of them) require you to wipe system/data/cache before you install. my understanding is that doing this will basically reset your phone back to what it was when you first got it. i want to install a ROM, but really don't want to have to go and install all my apps again and fix all the settings for each etc.

i noticed in Titanium Backup that you can backup apps, system or both. if i were to back up both and then install the ROM, when the phone rebooted, could i just install Titanium Backup and restore apps and system? would return my phone to how it was before i wiped?

if this is false, are there any other ways to facilitate the restoring of stuff after wipe?

any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. mezdup

3. mezdup

ok so i've backed up "all user apps + system data" with Titanium Backup PRO/Donate. i do have some bloatware removed. the phone has the 2.3.9 original Froyo leak, rooted, deodexed, themed.

before i am ready for a rom like zapX, i should reboot into recovery and do a nandroid backup from there, right?

should i restore my removed bloatware? restore the original system.jar and framework-res.apk? is this necessary?