Question about installing themes from sd card

Last Updated:

1. Vasichko

Vasichko Member This Topic's Starter

So yesterday I rooted my device yesterday.

Today I did Droid X Bootstrap Recovery, Deodex, and backed up after deodex using ROM Manager.

I got the rubix .3 ROM, and installed that.

From what Ive read is to install a theme you need to put the update.zip folder on the sd card.

In the root fold of my sd I already have an update.zip file. What is this?

Do I need to put the them in the root of the sd? Or can I make a themes folder with subfolders and put the themes there?

Lastly, to insstall these I just install from update.zip in neo right?

Advertisement
  2. ECFfighter7232

ECFfighter7232 Well-Known Member

you dont have to keep the name of "update.zip" on the theme, you can name it whatever you want. BUT, once you do this, when using recovery to load it you go to "instal .zip from sd card" instead of the "install update.zip" when you tell it to install from sd card youll just have to scroll to the one you want to install. the choice of the "update.zip" thing was more for ease of use I believe. this is what I did for fab's nextheme. just named it to what I wanted, put it on the root of the sd card and installed it using the "install .zip from sd card" option in bootstraper

3. Prevlin

Prevlin Well-Known Member

You don't need to have them on the root of the sdcard I have a few different theme zips in a folder on the root of my sdcard i just choose install from sdcard then navigate to the zip file