• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question about Jailbreaking

FurryG1

Lurker
May 13, 2009
Hey all

I have had my G1 a few months and find it ever more impressive by the day :p I've seen Jailbreaking and Cupcake being tossed around a lot and was wanting to do it, but I am on a contract with T-Mobile, if I jailbroke can they detect it? I am guessing that my warranty would be broken (for software problems) but is there any chance of them suddenly shutting my account off saying that im running a jailbroken phone?

Chris

Hi all. I just bought T-Mobile G1 from ebay about a week ago and already unlocked it and I'm using Vodafone UK as my network provider.

My question is, can I remove the T-Mobile boot up logo by jailbreaking it?

Because I'm using Vodafone UK, can I still get the automatic system update?

My G1 firmware version is 1.5 & Build Number is CRB17. Does it mean I'm currently have the latest version?

Thanks for your help

Upvote 0
Hi all. I just bought T-Mobile G1 from ebay about a week ago and already unlocked it and I'm using Vodafone UK as my network provider.

My question is, can I remove the T-Mobile boot up logo by jailbreaking it?

Because I'm using Vodafone UK, can I still get the automatic system update?

My G1 firmware version is 1.5 & Build Number is CRB17. Does it mean I'm currently have the latest version?

Thanks for your help

I dont think the current root builds do anything with the T-Mobile Splash or the Android Splash ... but who cares ... (i dont) ..

My current rooted phone will/not get OTA auto-updates and I dont theink any of them will ... that's why the are rooted and to protect them from being loaded with a standard build would defeat that purpose ...

I am not sure about your exact version ... I am in the US .... but one of EU members should be able to confirm that Ver/Build ....

Upvote 0
I dont think the current root builds do anything with the T-Mobile Splash or the Android Splash ... but who cares ... (i dont) ..

My current rooted phone will/not get OTA auto-updates and I dont theink any of them will ... that's why the are rooted and to protect them from being loaded with a standard build would defeat that purpose ...

I am not sure about your exact version ... I am in the US .... but one of EU members should be able to confirm that Ver/Build ....

Understood. It's just that i feel annoyed looking at T-Mobile logo and I want to replace it with better splash :D

Thanks for the reply btw:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones